Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Now we rest...

Yesterday I spent the morning finishing a lunch bag I designed for my father-in-law's birthday present.  I wanted to make it large enough to fit the left-overs containers he takes, some snacks and a drink, and to open into a placemat so he can have a clean place to eat on the road.  I also wanted it to be wipe-down-able which presented some design challenges.   Here is what I came up with:  


(Pardon the pictures... I didn't have time to make them pretty.)  Also, don't zoom in too much.


I used faux wood oil cloth that I got here.


I took pictures of the process for a future tutorial, but that will have to wait until kid and I are over this flu.  We're in day three now, and she is still getting fevers of 102.  Poor kid.  Fortunately, I think we have a quiet stretch coming up, here, so we should be able to rest and recover.  And maybe make a tiny dent in the looong list of projects I have managed to accumulate.  

1 comment:

  1. Love that bag - the idea of it and the final product. You should really sell this stuff... Hope you and the little one are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete